[omniORB] Ways of passing IOR Reference. NamingService ?

Rajesh Khan rajeshkhan808 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 10:13:49 GMT 2011

Thanks Thomas for the great suggestion. Before diving into implementation
of java. I just tested my C++ Server and C++ Client using the naming
service on two different computers this time and unfortunately they do not
work.
Earlier I was testing the Server and the client on the same pc and they
were working. My earlier procedure was quiet simple , I would simply start
the naming service using *omniNames -start* and then run the server and the
client .The client would find the data registered by the server on the
naming service with no problem.Is there some other configuration details
that we have to deal with when the server and client are on different
computers on a network?? I think the client needs to know the ip address of
the server. Where would i insert that.. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.