[omniORB] Is it possible to use vectors in IDL ?

Thomas Lockhart lockhart at fourpalms.org
Sun Dec 18 20:19:08 GMT 2011

On 12/18/2011 07:27 PM, Rajesh Khan wrote:
> Hi I was justgoing over Vinoskis C++ and CORBA book and came across
> the IDL and the following example:
>
> struct TimeOfDay {
>     short   hour;       // 0 - 23
>     short   minute;     // 0 - 59
>     short   second;     // 0 - 59
> };
>
> interface Time {
>     TimeOfDay   get_gmt();
> };
>
> I was just curious can we use std::vector type in TimeOfDay ?
> I am still going over the book . but it will be great to have your
> opinions..

You are using the best book I've found. The data types available are
only those defined in the CORBA standard and afaik the current standard
does not map anything into STL data types (not sure if that changes for
the next version). There is an IDL data type "sequence" which might do
what you want; it is an unbounded vector and has accessible attributes
much like the STL type.

                                - Tom