[omniORB] Porting of omniORB over RTOS

Brian Neal bgneal at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 09:42:43 BST 2010

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 8:29 AM, binod pal <binod_pal at rediffmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to clarify that UserException is not a macro, it is a class. I
> had tried two options

UserException is a macro in INTEGRITY_error.h, at least in the INTEGRITY
that I am using (5.0.11 and 5.0.10).

I suspect this macro is colliding with a class in omniORB (and any other
ORB). In my version of INTEGRITY_error.h they have it wrapped in an #ifdef
like so:

/* Unfortunately, ORBExpress defines a class UserException which
causes       */
/* compilation failures, so this macro/API must be disabled.        */
#ifndef ORBEXPRESS
# define UserException(TheTask, Type) \
 __UserException(TheTask, Type, __FILE__, sizeof(__FILE__), __LINE__)
#endif

You could try #defining ORBEXPRESS or adding another check for omniORB.
BN