[omniORB] Multiple corba object synchronization issue

Martin B. 0xCDCDCDCD at gmx.at
Tue Sep 7 09:22:09 BST 2010

On 07.09.2010 07:38, Mahanta, Dhruba wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am new in using Corba. I am observing a synchronization problem with
> corba communication in the following situation.
>
> There are 3 Corba servers running on 3 different computers. For each
> Corba server, client maintains a different communication Corba
> objects(ORB_var) which are initialized in a thread safe way using
> CORBA::ORB_init(0, NULL).

There are no different ORB objects. The ORB object is a singleton and
you can have only one per process. (You should be able to have multiple
references to the ORB via many ORB_var reference objects though)

> 1. There is no issue when we call on multiple servers sequentially.
>
> 2. Also no issue when we call on a single server in multiple threads.
>
> 3. But Client crashes when we call on multiple servers in multiple threads.

What calls? Calls on the ORB object (eg to resolve a naming service) or
calls on some other objects in the servers?

Specify "crash". If it's reproducible attach a debugger and check what
happens.

br,
Martin