[omniORB] cygwin subset package missing "rebase"

James Kulp jek at parera.com
Wed Nov 24 11:57:29 GMT 2010

When building 4.1.4 from source with VC 9.0, I downloaded the cygwin
subset package as recommended in the README.win32.txt (from
http://omniorb.sourceforge.net/att_packages/gnu-win32-lite.zip).

It is missing the "rebase.exe" program, which is needed by the build.

When I copied a "rebase.exe" from an ancient cygwin installation, I had
other problems, but I figure it is not worth bothering with until there
is a rebase.exe that is consistent with the rest of the
"gnu-win32-lite.zip".

If it is useful, the error was (using the copied-from-ancient-cygwin
rebase):

(cd ../../bin/x86_win32; rebase.exe -b 0x68000000 -d *rt.dll)
make[1]: *** [export] Error 57

Jim