[omniORB] omniorb and cygwin 1.7

Arne Pajunen apajunen.openttcn at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 17:41:33 GMT 2010

Hi,

I haven't found any clean fix, but I managed to compile omniORB with
cygwin 1.7 by manually adding some registry keys to the locations
clwrapper & friends expect:

DISCLAIMER: don't go modifying the registry unless you know what you're
doing, this is at best an ugly workaround :)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2]
@="/"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2]
@="C:/cygwin"
"/usr/bin"="C:/cygwin/bin"
"/usr/lib"="C:/cygwin/lib"

The first one (in HKEY_CURRENT_USER) needs to correspond to where you've
set your cygdrive prefix. Mine is "/" but the default is "/cygdrive".
The second branch is for the install location (mine's at the default
location).

Best regards,

Arne Pajunen