[omniORB] problem with server memory deallocation

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Apr 20 18:15:40 BST 2010

On Sun, 2010-04-18 at 11:47 +0200, risc risc wrote:

[...]
> I See after the client make orb->destroy() the cout in the P1
> destroctor is not be called.

I think this last comment reveals the issue. You are saying that you are
calling orb->destroy() on the client, and you expect to see the
destructor on the server called automatically. That is not the way that
CORBA works. You have to explicitly deactivate the object in the server
if you want your servant to be deleted.

I strongly recommend that you get a good book on CORBA and read all
about object lifetimes.