[omniORB] IDL : parameter clashes with identifier

Nicolas Olivier niko at kerozene.fr
Tue Oct 20 12:47:41 BST 2009

Hello,

I encounter an error parsing an idl on the following declaration :

void getMLSNPP(
  in globaldefs::NamingAttributes_T mLSNPPName,
  out mLSNPP::MultiLayerSNPP_T mLSNPP)
 raises(globaldefs::ProcessingFailureException);

The error is :
Declaration of parameter 'mLSNPP' clashes with use of identifier 'mLSNPP'

I've read in the FAQ that two identifiers must differ in case, but in
this declaration, mLSNPP is a scope, and MultiLayerSNPP_T is, from my
point of view, the identifier.

Is it really the behaviour expected, in case I fix the idl ?

omniORB used is 4.1.4

Regards