[omniORB] How to connect and call C++/Qt client and Java Server

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Dec 7 17:48:40 GMT 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 11:47 -0200, Juaci Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

>     I'm programming in C++/Qt. Today I intend to use C++/Qt just to
> client and Java to server using glassfish and DB PostgreSQL.
>     This example(1) in java (client and server), it's working.
>     I'm searching a solution to mix this two technologies(C++/Qt and
> Java server).
>     I did a bean class to return a little message(java)

>From what you've posted, it looks like you are trying to talk to J2EE
server using C++ code, via RMI-over-IIOP. Although that is theoretically
possible, it is not something that's a good idea unless you are a real
expert in CORBA generally and the C++ mapping in particular because the
way the Java-to-IDL mapping uses CORBA makes everything hopelessly
complex. It would appear that you are not such an expert...

The sensible approach to doing what you want is to define your own
simple IDL interface for the Java server, then talk to that with C++.
That will make everything comprehensible and will work much better.