[omniORB] Interoperability with Java 6 IDL

Vázquez Landa, David david.vazquez-landa at ndsatcom.com
Thu Oct 16 16:36:44 BST 2008

Hi list,

I'm having a tiny problem. I implemented a java server (very simple) in JacORB and in Java 6 IDL... Both programs do basically the same (they come from the same idl) and well, in short, this is the problem:

On the client side (C++ & OmniORB) I retrieve a Proxy from the Nameserver (JacORB's or Sun's), this proxy is a factory (SessionFactory), which has only one method (createSession). The method "createSession" returns a "Session" Proxy (Session_var) and so far so good. With both servers I get to use this factory and get a "Session_var". Then comes the problem. I assign the newly created "Session_var" to a variable named session and try to use one of its methods (open()). When using the JacORB Server I have no problems. But when using Sun's I can't get past this method (that's session->open();). Once I do that, I get a "CORBA::BAD_OPERATION @ 0x0012f708" exception.

Now, I'm starting the Sun based nameserver with the next command: start orbd -ORBInitialPort 2809 -ORBInitialHost localhost

And on omniORB.reg I defined the nameservice as: "0"="NameService=corbaloc::localhost/NameService

Am I missing something??

Did I mention that both servers are almost identical? (They actually only differ in two things: 1. The generated stubs and skeletons (obviously) and 2. When using JacORB I use JacORB's nameservice, when using Sun's approach I use Sun's nameservice...)

Thanks