[omniORB] omniORB: Unknown exception caught by a server thread at GIOP_S.cc: line 307

Michael Teske subscribe at teskor.de
Wed Nov 19 17:07:52 GMT 2008

Hi,

recently I got  "omniORB: Unknown exception caught by a server thread at
GIOP_S.cc: line 307" output in my stderr. The caller of the method did
not get any response at all.
After googling I found a tip to run the program with -ORBtraceLevel 25
and now I saw this:

omniORB: inputMessage: (body) from
giop:tcp:[::ffff:192.168.130.59]:38506 3848 bytes
omniORB: throw MARSHAL from giopImpl12.cc:811
(NO,MARSHAL_MessageSizeExceedLimitOnServer)
omniORB: Unknown exception caught by a server thread at GIOP_S.cc: line 307

Shouldn't GIOP_S.cc catch that MARSHAL exception and throw it to the sender?

Greetings,
   Michael