[omniORB] corbaloc and encoding

Antonio Beamud Montero antonio.beamud at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 18:37:56 GMT 2008

Hi all:
If I try to call a remote method from a service that returns a list of
wstring names, the next exception raises:

 BAD_PARAM: CORBA.BAD_PARAM(omniORB.BAD_PARAM_WCharTCSNotKnown,
CORBA.COMPLETED_YES)

In a older post, Duncan Grisby reference this problem when you are using
corbaloc to get the object reference, but...

I'm using a omniorb client and server and they by default are using
nativeWCharCodeSet = UTF-16, why not use this defaults?

or, is now posible to specify the enconding in the corbaloc?