[omniORB] OmniNames.exe CRASH with -errlog parameter on 4.0.7

Olivier Thiboutot Olivier.Thiboutot at voxco.com
Thu May 22 11:08:12 BST 2008

Hi,

I use OmniNames since a long time and in production. I'm using OmniOrb 2.80 and now moving to OmniOrb 4.07. The passage is relativly simple since I still can use BOA and not transfer all object to POA implementation.

Now a face a little problem with omniNames in the version 4.0.7. If I download the package with OmniNames 4.0.7 for MSVC++ 6.0 on windows XP Platform, all work correctly. If I use the omniNames from the MSVC++ 8.0 (2005), I always get a crash of the application.

Here are the test I did.

With 4.0.7 MSVC++ 6.0 on winXP:
OmniNames.exe -start 2800 -log .\ -errlog .\test.log ----> OK
OmniNames.exe -start 2800 -log .\ ----> OK

With 4.0.7 MSVC++ 8.0 on winXP:
OmniNames.exe -start 2800 -log .\ -errlog .\test.log ----> CRASH
OmniNames.exe -start 2800 -log .\ ----> OK

I try to get information with Omni trace level parameter but the crash is before OmniOrb stuff...

The question is : Am I the first one to use -errlog parameter on 4.0.7 for MSVC++ 8.0 ?

Thanks in advance

Olivier Thiboutôt
Voxco