[omniORB] omniORB-4.1.3 x64 cross compile problems

Peter Klotz peter.klotz at aon.at
Wed Dec 3 20:40:43 GMT 2008

Hello Nikola

> we intend to use omniORB-4.1.3 on windows 64 architecture. so far, we
> successfully compile it on native x64 (win64 xp with platform sdk 2008
> and python 64 installed).
> We also tried to compile it on xp 32, but with x64 cross compiler
> (shipped with studio 2005 with with platform sdk 2008 and  omnipython) -
> with no success.
> errors are in file attached.

I have never tried compiling omniORB x64 using the cross compiler but it
may be impossible (for now).

omniidl.exe depends on python.dll. Since the cross compiler only
generates x64 code you need an x64 version of Python. This means that
the resulting omniidl.exe cannot be run on x86 Windows.

Since omniidl.exe is needed in the build process of omniORB I do not see
how to make this work.

Why don't you just stick with x64 Windows? There you can compile x86 and
x64 versions of omniORB and run them both without problems.

Regards, Peter.