AW: [omniORB] activate_object_with_id Returns None

Fischer, Clemens clemens.fischer at atlas-elektronik.com
Thu Apr 24 11:50:38 BST 2008

Hi, here's a small example:
IDL in Test.idl:
  module Test
  {
    interface Intf
    {
      void print_text(in string text);
    };
Server code in TestServer.py:
  from omniORB import CORBA
  import Test
  import Test__POA
  import sys

  class TestIntfImpl(Test__POA.Intf):
    def print_text(self, text):
      print text

  orb = CORBA.ORB_init(sys.argv)
  poa = orb.resolve_initial_references("omniINSPOA")
  poa._get_the_POAManager().activate()

  servant = TestIntfImpl()
  poa.activate_object_with_id("TestIntf", servant)

  try:
    orb.run()
  except:
    pass

  poa.deactivate_object("TestIntf")
Client code in TestClient.py:
  from omniORB import CORBA
  import Test
  import sys

  orb = CORBA.ORB_init(sys.argv)
  obj = orb.string_to_object(sys.argv[1])._narrow(Test.Intf)
  obj.print_text(sys.argv[2])

Run the server by 'python TestServer.py -ORBendPoint :::12345' (or any other valid endpoint). Then run the client by
'python TestClient.py corbaloc:iiop:localhost:12345/TestIntf Hello' and see what happens.

Cheers
Clemens