[omniORB] Problems catching exceptions in clients

Silly & Chrischi christian83 at gmx.li
Thu Apr 10 20:13:37 BST 2008

Hello Guys,

i have problems catching exceptions thrown by the server.

Here ist a part of my idl:

module MysqlPackage {

                interface Mysql {

                               exception MysqlException {

                                               string reason;

                               };

};

};

I throw the exception by the server and her eis my code for it:

if(mysql_errno(mysqlDatabase) != 0){

throw MysqlPackage::Mysql::MysqlException("MySQL-Error");

}

But now, if i would like to catch the exception, i get a message by the
server, that sound like this:

"omniORB: WARNING - method ,xx' on: root<1> raised the exception:
IDL:MysqlPackage/Mysql/MysqlException:1.0"

I used the following statement to catch my exception:

catch (const MysqlPackage::Mysql::MysqlException::Exception& ex){

cout << "ERROR: " << ex._name() << endl;

}

Thank you for your help. I don't know what to do.

Christian