[omniORB] COMM_FAILURE and minor code (Omni ORB 2.80)

Olivier Thiboutot Olivier.Thiboutot at voxco.com
Tue Apr 1 15:19:07 BST 2008

Hi Duncan and all others...

Lets get into the past !

In using OmniOrb 2.80 (very stable... Btw) and we meet, at client production site, one simple error! COMM_FAILURE... I cannot put a real problem on this cause around that time (got a time stamp on client side), the server was running fine. I can look at more than 50 calls going right around that time (250 ms around). I've got 50 thread in the server pool.

Here is my problem. The execution delay to catch the COMM_FILURE is around 115(ms).
The Question. I've got a minor code = 10054 and cannot rely on anything into Omni. Can you please help me where to look to have those codes intepretation.

System : Windows 2003 server
Compiler : MVC++ 6.0
Omni : 2.80

I cannot put the trace output on the production site and that error is time to time.

Best regards

Olivier Thiboutôt
Développeur logiciel principal - TAO

VOXCO Canada