[omniORB] programmitcally start-stop naming server

renny.koshy at rubixinfotech.com renny.koshy at rubixinfotech.com
Thu Sep 27 11:51:15 BST 2007

Kent -

We use a distributed architecture for our software... but the components
are themselves pretty static (i.e. once they're installed, they don't move
around much)... so, we use the INSPOA in our code to provide a specific
PORT/IP and name under which the server objects will respond.  Then the
corbaloc URI is stored in each client module's ".ini" or properties file.

Regards,

Renny Koshy
President & CEO

RUBIX Information Technologies, Inc.
www.rubixinfotech.com

Kent Gibson <kentgibson at yahoo.com>
Sent by: omniorb-list-bounces at omniorb-support.com
09/27/2007 08:33 AM

omniorb-list at omniorb-support.com
cc

Subject
[omniORB] programmitcally start-stop naming server

Is there any way that I can start and stop the naming
service (omniNames) programmatically?

Or can I somehow do without the naming service? and if
so how?

What I want to do is start everything up in one
windows dll. And then hopefully also shut everything
down in one dll.

This is what I am doing now:

orb = CORBA::ORB_init(x, &test);
CORBA::Object_var obj =
orb->resolve_initial_references("RootPOA");
PortableServer::POA_var poa =
PortableServer::POA::_narrow(obj);
Echo_i* myecho = new Echo_i();
PortableServer::ObjectId_var myechoid =
poa->activate_object(myecho);
// Obtain a reference to the object, and register it
in
// the naming service.
obj = myecho->_this();
CORBA::String_var x;