[omniORB] System Exception BAD_PARAMETER::InvalidServiceCtxtId (26)

TUser gev at terma.com
Tue Sep 18 08:03:44 BST 2007

Using OmniOrb 4.0.3 (SLeS) we get a system exception, with minor code 26
(InvalidServiceCtxtId).

The IDL is shown below;
interface TCOhpServerClient
{
  TCOhpStatus getTcoCoeffUTC(in  TCOhpTDSsunTime referenceTime,
                             out TCOhpCorbaCoefficient coefficient);
};

The implementation is shown below;

TCOhpStatus TCOhpServer::getTcoCoeffUTC(const TCOhpTDSsunTime& refTime,
                                        TCOhpCorbaCoefficient& coeff)
  throw (CORBA::SystemException)
{
  // Local variables
  TCOhpStatus retVal = TCO_STATUS_OK;

  // Protect the Coefficient cache before reading any data
  pthread_mutex_lock(&m_mutex);
  if (true == m_coefCacheIf->isInCache(startTime))
  {
    // The data is already available in the cache.
    m_coefCacheIf->getCoeffs(startTime, coeffs, nrOfCoefficients);
  }
  else
  {
    retVal = TCO_STATUS_NO_COEFFS_AVAILABLE;
  }

  return retVal;
}

Following the return the exception is thrown.

We catch the exception in the client and print the minor code. The value is
1096024090 (Decimal). Looking in the minorCode.h file, this maps to minor
code 26 (InvalidServiceCtxtId). The code should be a standard OMG minor code
for BAD_PARAM, but looking in the CORBA 3 specification we dont find this.

Questions are many;
1. Why do we get this error?
2. Do we interpret the error code correctly, i.e. is it really minor code 26
we see?
3. What is a service context id?

Been wasting almost a week on this problem. We would be very thankful for
any help.