[omniORB] Omniorb drops connections after Corba exceptions

Caldor2004 at aol.com Caldor2004 at aol.com
Fri Sep 7 16:45:38 BST 2007

Folks,
Here's an interesting problem I ran into running an Omniorb client under
WIndows (.NET).

Whenever an exception is returned from the server, for a Corba request,  the
connection to the server appears to get lost.  The next Corba request made by
the Omniorb client opens a new connection.  The old connection was not shut
down, it simply is leaked.

After 5 exceptions, the maxumim number of connections is exceeded and the
client just hangs up.  I can up the allowed number of connections to work around
the problem (default is 5).

Has anyone encountered this before or have any suggestions ???  Problem does
not occur when I built the app as a Windows console app, but only happens
under the Windows .NET framework (built using VC++ 2005 express).

thanks
bill r