[omniORB] Re: General CORBA question for veterans

Sean Parker supinlick at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 18:40:23 BST 2007

Hello all -

  Regarding my previous question I got a reply from one of
the developers on GNOME:

*****BEGIN RESPONSE FROM GNOME DEV****

Orbit's non-existent event channel has you wanting does it?

Just out of curiosity, anyone ever play around with ACE+TAO
in this context? It sure would give us a cleaner interface
if we didn't have to deal with d-bus at all, and instead
could leave the event bus in the hands of a generated code
engine.

Evan

Sean Parker wrote:

> Hello - What's the potential for using D-Bus in GNOME
 instead of

*****END RESPONSE FROM GNOME DEV*****

--- Sean Parker <supinlick at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello -
>
>   Can anyone enumerate some low-level behind-the-scenes
> uses of CORBA in the S/W industry? For example, J2EE uses
> CORBA's IIOP as it's protocol, and the GNOME system uses
> ORBIX under the covers. Any others?
>
>   Thanks in advance
>     Sean Parker
>

> God Bless
>     Sean Parker

> Choose the right car based on your needs.  Check out
> Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder tool.
> http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/

God Bless
    Sean Parker