[omniORB] Problem linking Omniorb as a Windows Application

Lars Nilsson chamaeleon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 00:15:25 BST 2007

On 9/2/07, Luke Deller <ldeller at iress.com.au> wrote:

> Bill,
>
> > But if I try to create a Windows forms application (a .NET CLR
> > application), I get an infinite number of link errors (unresolved
> > symbols).  It appears that it cannot link in the Omniorb libraries to a
> > Windows forms application.
>
> omniORB is a C++ application which supports the native Windows platform.  It
> sounds like you're trying to use omniORB with managed C++ which is quite a
> different language than standard C++, and the .NET CLR which is a completely
> different platform than native Windows.  As you noticed, omniORB does not work
> with that language or platform.

Actually, this was my thought as well. However, I have just created a
very simple Managed C++ / CLR chat client and server, where the client
uses Windows Forms. As long as the CLR setting isn't for pure CLR, it
seems to work well. MC++ is different in this respect, compared with
other .NET languages, I think. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm
rather surprised I ran into so few problems (I'm not a heavy user of
Managed C++, my preference for .NET is F#).

Lars Nilsson