[omniORB] Problem linking Omniorb as a Windows Application

Luke Deller ldeller at iress.com.au
Mon Sep 3 11:49:00 BST 2007

Bill,

> But if I try to create a Windows forms application (a .NET CLR
> application), I get an infinite number of link errors (unresolved
> symbols).  It appears that it cannot link in the Omniorb libraries to a
> Windows forms application.

omniORB is a C++ application which supports the native Windows platform.  It sounds like you're trying to use omniORB with managed C++ which is quite a different language than standard C++, and the .NET CLR which is a completely different platform than native Windows.  As you noticed, omniORB does not work with that language or platform.

Regards,
Luke.
Important Note
This email (including any attachments) contains information which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, distribute or copy this email.  If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email. Any views expressed in this email are not necessarily the views of IRESS Market Technology Limited.

It is the duty of the recipient to virus scan and otherwise test the information provided before loading onto any computer system.
IRESS Market Technology Limited does not warrant that the information is free of a virus or any other defect or error.