[omniORB] Network performance

Default User defaultuserbr at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 10 22:00:49 GMT 2007

--- Scott Ross <scottsross at gmail.com> wrote:

> Something to remember about omniorb is that will use different
> transports if they are available.  By default it will use Unix
> domain sockets on the localhost and TCP(or SSL) when going remote.

I mentioned elsewhere that I'm specifying the transport using
-ORBendPoint options, TCP for both localhost and remote.

> might affect the results -- calls/connection, connection/server,
> threads/connection, POA policies, etc.  But they (for me) have never
> made 'order of magnitude' differences.

I don't know that it's necessarily bad, as PING is seeing quite a
delay as well. But what I can't explain is what gSOAP doesn't see
a similar latency hit. I have to put together a coherent story
here pretty soon.

I'm doing everything single-threaded, as there's only one client
and one server, so I have to worry about context switch.

Brian