[omniORB] deactivate_object() in SINGLE_THREADED mode

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Sat Nov 10 18:57:48 GMT 2007

On Thursday 8 November, "Michael Kilburn" wrote:

> for given servant that is registered in POA that works in SINGLE_THREADED
> mode -- is it possible to receive more requests after method that calls
> deactivate_object() returns? I am looking for two answers:
> - from CORBA Standard point of view
> - how it is implemented in omniORB v4.0.1 and higher

In omniORB, calls in single thread policy POAs are held up by a mutex
just before the call into application code, and are therefore considered
already active by the POA. That means that object deactivation will wait
for any calls that arrived before or during the call that provoked the
deactivation.

That's valid according to my reading of the spec, since the calls did
indeed arrive before deactivate_object returned.