[omniORB] Network performance

Default User defaultuserbr at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 16:23:58 GMT 2007

I've been doing some test on Linux. I'd gathered some latency numbers
for a client/server message passing system, with both co-located on the
same box (localhost endpoint).

I then switched to having the client and server running on different
Linux boxes in our lab, connected via a simple high-speed LAN. The
performance went way down. Average latency for sending a message
increased by an order of magnitude.

This was certainly unexpected. A SOAP implementation that I was tested
showed almost no change in latency in similar circumstances. Is there
something I've set up incorrectly?

Brian