[omniORB] OmniOrb starting problem

Po Geng pgeng at seismicmicro.com
Mon Mar 12 12:33:51 GMT 2007

Dear Mr. Grisby:

My name is Po Geng and I am a developer at Seismic Micro Technology,
Inc. I am working on (RC)2 which is a geological modeling software using
OmniOrb. Recently, I ran into a problem. If we unplug the network
connection, the application failed to start. The reason is that in
tcpaddress.cc:

	rc = getpeername(sock, (struct sockaddr*)&peer, &len);

Return rc==RC_SOCKET_ERROR.

If I re-plug network, everything is OK.

On the other hand, if I reboot machine without network connection, I can
start my application without network connection.

Do you know what causes this problem? Any of your customer report this
problem before?

Best regards,

Po Geng