[omniORB] omniorb, C++ and java question

Jason Stelzer jstelzer at healthmarketscience.com
Thu Jun 28 11:12:35 BST 2007

Hello,

Sorry that this is slightly off topic.

I am attempting to allow a legacy system talk to an ejb via a C++
library.

We're using Ejb3 and java 5 in jboss 4.0.5 on the server side of
things. I'm planning on using omniorb on the client side.

My problem and question is this. What is the optimal way to create
the IDL for making the calls? Most of the discussion of this topic is
pretty old. I believe that rmic (the idl generator in java) simply
doesn't know about annotations as the idl it generates is essentially
empty. Is there another IDL generator I should be using? Writing the
IDL by hand for the ejb, its parent classes and other objects it uses
seems excessive. I could always create a bean just to support the
client with only methods I strictly need exposed.

Thanks for any insights/advice.

--
J.