[omniORB] giopstream::CommFailure

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Jun 28 16:06:58 BST 2007

On Thursday 28 June, "Tahar Ouhrouche" wrote:

> I have a client/server application using omniORB4.
> When I run the client, everything goes well. But when I stop the server then
> I get this message in debug mode:
>
> omniORB: throw giopStream::CommFailure from giopStream.cc
> :874(0,NO,COMM_FAILURE_UnMarshalArguments)
> omniORB: Server connection refcount = 1
> omniORB: Server connection refcount = 0
> omniORB: Server close connection from giop:tcp:134.32.185.82:1724

That shows the server side of a connection noticing that the connection
has closed, and cleaning up. It is absolutely normal, and not a sign of
any kind or problem.

> The client does not crash. it works fine. I try to run the server a second
> time (without restarting the client) then I get an exception which causes a
> crash to the client.
>
> omniORB: throw giopStream::CommFailure from giopStream.cc
> :874(0,NO,COMM_FAILURE_UnMarshalArguments)
> omniORB: Server connection refcount = 1
> omniORB: Server connection refcount = 0
> omniORB: Server close connection from giop:tcp:134.32.185.82:1736

That's exactly the same thing. It's not a sign of a problem. It's also a
trace from the server side. Perhaps your "client" is also a server
supporting callbacks?

In what way does your client crash?