[omniORB] omninames 4.1.0 for VC8 crashes when -errlog is specified

Tahar Ouhrouche tahar.ouhrouche at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 10:04:30 BST 2007

Hi John, Duncan, All
Thanks for the quick answer,
Yes, I tried to debug the CORBA::ORB_init(argc, argv,"omniORB4"); and I
couldn't even step into this function, cuz it's on a Lib I guess. The error
that I get is:
"First-chance exception at 0x7c90eb74 in TestCORBA.exe: 0xC0000008: An
invalid handle was specified."
When it goes into the Assembly, the problem is in this instruction:
7C90EB6F  call        7C90EBAC
7C90EB74  mov         eax,dword ptr [esp]
It seems that the program tries to get a return value (which is null) of the
function 7C90EBAC from the stack :-o
I tried to compile the echo example in the <top>/src/examples/echo folder of
omniORB4 and i got the samething.

I tried with other versions of omniORB for VC8 followed all the instructions
to compile and run omniORB4 but the problem persists
Please note that this program is working just fine in VC6 with omniORB305

Thanks for help,

Cheers,
Tahar