[omniORB] AMI

Jochen Behrens jochen.behrens at mevisbreastcare.de
Wed Jan 10 11:01:23 GMT 2007

Hi Duncan,

In general, I'm indeed inclined implementing some AMI stuff. It would be
a good opportunity to give back some benefits to the community. I'm
using omniORB for years in different projects, and in my opinion omniORB
is up to this day a very good leightweight alternativ to the TAO ORB.
For the moment, I'm emulating AMI on application level as a workaround.
That works fine, but providing it on ORB level would be much better.

However, I'm not really sure if it is feasable (with respect to time) to
volunteer. But I will have a discussion with my employer. Whether I can
spare time for omniORB development would mainly depend on the effort
estimations.

You mentionend that you already have some implementation ideas. Do you
think about the callback or polling model (or even both)? Personally, I
would prefer the callback approach.

Apart from any decisions I will have a look into the sources asap.

Best Regards,
Jochen