[omniORB] wrong flag in makefiles for Windows

Renzo Tomaselli renzo.tomaselli at tecnotp.it
Fri Sep 29 16:19:13 BST 2006

Duncan,
   we investigated about the point of not being able to debug
symbolically any recent version of OmniORB (4.06/4.07) under Visual
Studio. From within Visual Studio, we can see source code lines but not
symbol contents while inside OmniORB sources, and in hard cases this is
very important.
Previous versions were ok.
In the file x86_nt_vs_7.mk  there is a wrong flag -Zd which should be
-Zi to get symbol contents, not just line numbers.
Macros to change are:

MSVC_DLL_CXXDEBUGFLAGS         = -MDd -EHs -RTC1 -GS -GR -Zi -nologo
MSVC_DLL_CDEBUGFLAGS           = -MDd -RTC1 -GS -GR -Zi -nologo

this concerns v 4.1 RC as well, both for VS7 and VS8.
Regards,

Renzo