[omniORB] How to convert an object reference to a servant?

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Sun Sep 24 21:44:13 BST 2006

On Thursday 21 September, "JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen)" wrote:

> I can't say that I know of a standard way of getting a servant's POA by
> querying it. There is _default_POA(), but that returns the root POA and
> not necessarily the servant's POA. _default_POA() can be overridden, but
> is that a good idea, considering its name ?

The whole point of _default_POA() is that servants override it to return
the POA they want to be activated in. _default_POA() is used to decide
which POA to activate in with the _this() call.

Tuyen is interested in getting the POA for an object reference, not from
a servant, so it's irrelevant for that case anyway.