[omniORB] Re: omniORB-list Digest, Vol 41, Issue 15

Andrew Miller ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Sep 22 17:08:17 BST 2006

Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:39:35 -0700
> From: "George Liu" <george.liu at ussj.ricoh.com>
> Subject: RE: [omniORB] Unable to locate msvcr80.dll while compiling
> 	omniorb3.0.4 with VC8(Visual Studio 2005)
> To: "Duncan Grisby" <duncan at grisby.org>
> Cc: omniorb-list at omniorb-support.com

You are aware that different MSVC major versions do not produce binary
compatible output for C++ sources, right? I would suggest that you match
your MSVC version to the software pack you are customising (if the
vendor also used MSVC8, then they must have already fixed these issues,
so ask them, but if they are using such an old ORB version I suspect
they used an older MSVC version too).

Best regards,
Andrew Miller