[omniORB] Unable to locate msvcr80.dll while compiling omniorb3.0.4 with VC8(Visual Studio 2005)

George Liu george.liu at ussj.ricoh.com
Wed Sep 13 17:28:21 BST 2006

I'm trying to compile omniORB 3.0.4 on XP with VC8 (Visual Studio 2005)

I downloaded source file, and followed instructions in the README file.

Installed gnu-win32-lite and omnipython-x86_win32.

While "make export", windows gives the following error:

Omniidl.exe: Unable to locate component

The application has failed to start because of MSVCR80.dll was not
found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I used the exact same step, except compiling with VC6, everything
worked. But I need to use VC8.

Googling shows that the problem is related to manifest. How should I fix
it?

Thanks in advance.

George