[omniORB] (4.1.0beta2) resolve_inital_reference fails

Slawomir Lisznianski slisznia at paramay.com
Fri Sep 1 10:32:36 BST 2006

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 03:09:09PM +0100, Duncan Grisby wrote:
> The problem is due to the new support for IPv6. Did you compile omniORB
> on the AS3 machine, or use the version compiled on one of the others?

I compiled on AS3 where ideally the test for IPv6 should have failed. The kernel has support for inet6, but interface test fails (see below).

> The configure script tries to work out if IPv6 is supported, and only
> compiles it in if the platform supports it.

One way to check if inet6 works is to ping self:

Example from AS3:

$ ping6 -c 1 ::1
socket: Address family not supported by protocol

Example from AS4:

$ ping6 -c 1 ::1
PING ::1(::1) 56 data bytes
64 bytes from ::1: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.028 ms

--- ::1 ping statistics ---
1 packets transmitted, 1 received, 0% packet loss, time 0ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.028/0.028/0.028/0.000 ms, pipe 2

> If that is the case I'll have to add a configure option to
> explicitly choose to disable IPv6.

That would be great.

Greetings,

--