[omniORB] problems sending float values

Jürgen Eckel juergen.eckel at gmx.net
Mon May 29 18:26:58 BST 2006

hi,

I've got a problem sending floating point values to an corba server.
With other datatyes like short or string it works fine.

I am currently working on a debian-testing system, with the omniorb 4.0.6-2 version.

So having this idl file :

module Example{
        interface User{
                void setV( in float x );
                };
        interface Target{
                void getV( out short x);
                };
        };

I just receive zero ( -2.58265845332e-05) by sending an float to
another client with the above interface.
the client :
import sys
from omniORB import CORBA
import _omnipy
import Example, CosNaming

orb = CORBA.ORB_init(sys.argv, CORBA.ORB_ID)

ior = sys.argv[1]
obj = orb.string_to_object(ior)

us = obj._narrow( Example.User )

if us is None:
        print "blabla"
        sys.exit(1)

us.setV( 5.0 )

the server :
import sys
from omniORB import CORBA, PortableServer
import CosNaming, Example, Example__POA

class User_i( Example__POA.User ):
        def setV( self, x ):
                print x
                print type(x)
                y = float(x)
                print y
                print type(y)

class Target_i( Example__POA.Target ):
        def getV( self ):
                return 5

orb = CORBA.ORB_init(sys.argv, CORBA.ORB_ID)
poa = orb.resolve_initial_references("RootPOA")

us = User_i()
tg = Target_i()

uo = us._this()
to = tg._this()
print orb.object_to_string(uo)
print
print orb.object_to_string(to)

poaManager = poa._get_the_POAManager()
poaManager.activate()

orb.run()

does anyone have an answer to that kind of problem?
I mean, it just like sending short values, or strings.
--

Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
      Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer