[omniORB] Destroying itself

Clarke Brunt clarke.brunt at trafficmaster.co.uk
Sat May 13 22:14:30 BST 2006

omniorb-list-bounces at omniorb-support.com wrote:
> I would like to test myself the deactivation method.
> To do it cleanly, I would like the object method, in C++, to retrieve
> the POA ptr it belongs to.
> I could not find in the OMG documentation such a primitive or method.
>
> In omniORB include files, I could see that get_POA() method
> exist but I am
> not sure of how to use it.

See OMG CORBA specification - in the copy I have, under The Portable Object
Adapter / Interfaces / Current Operations. There appears to be a description
of get_POA, and an explanation of how to get an object on which to invoke
this method. I haven't tried this myself.

--
Clarke Brunt, Principal Software Engineer, Trafficmaster