[omniORB] omniORB not using active connections in some situations?

jklein at rockwellcollins.com jklein at rockwellcollins.com
Thu Mar 23 12:07:05 GMT 2006

Heres the situation..

I have a server with multiple endpoints.. I have a client that connects to
the server in which the first two IPs in the server's IOR will fail..

I have gone through the omniORB config file and set all timeouts to 0 on
the server and client side.. Including that scan that checks for idle
connections..

The question is that every time the client uses a method on the server,
omniORB tries to use the first two IPs in the IOR again.. Why is this? The
connection with the third IP should not have timed out.. Does omniORB not
know that it has a connection between a client and server if it isn't using
the first IP in the IOR? Or is this a case where I have something not
configured right in the config file?

I see this by setting my trace to level 25.. The client will call several
methods on the server very quickly.. And on each call, omniORB had to go
through the process of finding out that the first two IPs do not work..
This slows things down a lot..

Thanks,
John