[omniORB] Thread Priorities

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Mar 8 16:05:34 GMT 2006

On Thursday 2 March, "Brian Neal" wrote:

[...]
> Currently there doesn't seem to be a way to tell omniORB what priority
> it should use for its threads. Does it just pick the omniThread
> PRIORITY_NORMAL? Is there a way to pass an arg to the orb for that?

No, there's no way to tell omniORB or omnithread to use a different
priority. There's no priority setting support in omnithread because it's
too variable between different platforms.

What I suggest you do is to make an omniORB thread interceptor (see
chapter 10 of the omniORB manual) that sets the priority you want with
direct pthread calls.