[omniORB] omniNames only available from localhost

Sebastian Bickel Seb.ADIO at gmx.de
Thu Jul 27 22:59:23 BST 2006

> Try setup your host's firewall
>
> And using netstat to check LISTEN entry

Hello,

I already deactivate it, but it did not work yesterday. (With a ativated firewall, there has been
a TCP-RST-Flag from the Server, after activation the server did not respond [I only saw a
SYN-packet sent from Client to Server with no response; but the name service was still
connectable through localhost.] )

Sorry, that I forgot to write that in my last mail. Today, it worked without any problems. I did
not modify any parameters, ... . Very strange; but no it works. Java Client nameservice
lookup still does not work, but this is a JAVA resolving problem.

Thanks for your help.

Greetings from Stuttgart / Germany

Sebastian