[omniORB] omniNames only available from localhost

Sebastian Bickel Seb.ADIO at gmx.de
Thu Jul 27 00:09:31 BST 2006

Dear list,

I hava a problem. I started omniNames with the following command:
	/usr/local/bin/omniNames -start 2809 &

It is readable only from localhost properly. On other hosts in my network no connection is
established. If I sniff my TCP connection, only a SYN flag is send form the Client to the
NameService and nothing happens.

I found an entry in the FAQ describing Redhat has a problem with bad /etc/hosts files.
(http://www.omniorb-support.com/omniwiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#head-
1011b41836defb2e978bc7d6d57fcc384283cae1)

I think, that should not be a problem in my case, but here you have my /etc/hosts file to
correct (I'm using Opensuse 10.1!):

#
# hosts         This file describes a number of hostname-to-address
#               mappings for the TCP/IP subsystem.  It is mostly
#               used at boot time, when no name servers are running.
#               On small systems, this file can be used instead of a
#               "named" name server.
# Syntax:
#
# IP-Address  Full-Qualified-Hostname  Short-Hostname
#

127.0.0.1       localhost

# special IPv6 addresses
::1             localhost ipv6-localhost ipv6-loopback

fe00::0         ipv6-localnet

ff00::0         ipv6-mcastprefix
ff02::1         ipv6-allnodes
ff02::2         ipv6-allrouters
ff02::3         ipv6-allhosts

10.1.1.7    cserver.domain.my         cserver

Can anybody explain my that fault or need I omniMapper for tha case. If so; how do I need to
configure?

The documentation of omni is very small. So I could not found anything in the documentation.
Sorry!

Greetings and thanks for everybody's help!

Sebastian