[omniORB] create_reference_with_id

Jun jun.lee at hostwaycorp.com
Wed Jul 26 16:03:08 BST 2006

I'm relatively new in CORBA and working to implement a ServantLocator.
One question I have is what does POA.create_reference_with_id exactly do?
Since I'm using a ServantLocator, it should just generate object reference
and shouldn't cache the newly generated reference?
I'm asking this because I'm seeing a memory leak in my test server.
As a test I have put a loop in ServantLocator.preinvoke() to call
create_reference_with_id repeatedly and this seems to increase the memory
usage.

Please let me know if you need any more details or suggestions.

thanks,
Jun Lee