[omniORB] Scalability problems; 300+ clients

Slawomir Lisznianski slisznianski at paramay.com
Wed Jul 5 15:40:40 BST 2006

OK guys, here is some additional info. When we use
threadPerConnectionPolicy=1 we do _NOT_ experience any connectivity
problems unless, of course, we run out of per-process memory on the
server side at which point omniORB cannot spawn any more worker threads
(and that's the error it logs). So, with threadPerConnectionPolicy=1 and
thread stack size set to 1MB, we were able to serve over 1100 clients
concurrently without getting any errors. We used Red Hat AS 3 running on
2.4 SMP kernel, 32-bit architecture.

As soon as we set threadPerConnectionPolicy=0 we were able to serve at
most ~330 clients before we started seeing COMM_FAILURE exceptions on
clients side.

Thanks,

--
Slawomir Lisznianski