[omniORB] Scalability problems; 300+ clients

Slawomir Lisznianski slisznianski at paramay.com
Wed Jul 5 11:45:40 BST 2006

Hello,

I'm curious whether anyone has seen this before. We have a farm of about
300 computers on which we run our CORBA (omniORB) infrastructure. When
the load riches about 330 clients (connected to a single server), new
clients tend to see COMM_FAILURE exception, or (rarly) TRANSIENT.
Sometimes existing clients start getting exceptions as well, in that
load. We're not running out of file descriptors in the server process.
We played with ORB parameters on the server side but couldn't see any
improvement. We use Linux Red-Hat AS3, FC4 and omniORB 4.0.7

Thanks,

--
Slawomir Lisznianski
Paramay Group, Inc.