[omniORB] IIOP version conflicts when using callbacks

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Jul 4 16:34:27 BST 2006

On Wednesday 28 June, "Deepak Rokade" wrote:

> my server uses vertels e*orb.
> It has IIOP version 1.0
>
> & my client has orb omniORBpy 2.6.
> which has IIOP versio 1.2
>
> It works fine when I call methods on server.
> but when I use callbacks, problem occurs.
>
> Callbacks are not recieved , but also it dosent give errors at client or
> server side.
>
> It may be the problem due to IIOP version conflict.
> so I tried giving parameter as maxGIOPVersion = 1.0.
> but still it shows IIOP version as 1.2 when parsed through catior.

I doubt it has anything to do with the version number in the IORs.
Firstly, any GIOP / IIOP 1.0 ORB should quite happily cope with an IOR
claiming version 1.2. It's a serious bug in e*orb if it does not.

Secondly, the maxGIOPVersion parameter _does_ lower the version number
omniORB puts into IORs. Just try it on the command line with eg2_impl
and you'll see that it works.

You might try running the omniORB code with -ORBtraceLevel 25 to see if
that shows anything significant going on.