[omniORB] Omni 4.0.6 and Purify

Regis DETRE regis.detre at sagem.com
Wed Jan 4 11:24:49 GMT 2006

Hello,

We had some troubles to run one of our applications linked with Rational
Purify (4.2 and 2002) on Solaris 2.5.1 platforms.

After investigations, we have localized the trouble. It happens when
invoking the libomnithread.so library. The constructor of the static
member omni_thread_init (in src/lib/omnithread/solaris.cc) calls the
function thr_self() but the thread is not yet created, so segmentation
fault occurs.

To avoid the trouble, we comment the declaration in omnithread.h (line
642). Otherwise, a better solution should be to create the inner class
instance at te omni_thead creation (singleton pattern). This is probably
the aim of the static member omni_thread::init_t::count which avoid
multiple instances.

A future 4.0.7 version should be released soon, I wondered if sutch a
patch could be part of it.

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

Mikael Tintinger