[omniORB] Marshalling error message

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Feb 8 11:15:37 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 7 February, Warren Brown wrote:

> Can anyone enlighten me to the meaning of this error message:
> !Minor: MARSHAL_PassEndOfMessage, COMPLETED_YES.
>
> I'm using a python client to connect to a java ORB.

It means that when omniORB was reading a reply message, the message came
to an end when omniORB was still expecting more data. Most likely that's
because the IDL on the server is not the same as the IDL the client is
using.

If that's not it, please construct a minimal example that has the
problem, then post the IDL and a trace from omniORB run with
-ORBtraceLevel 40.