[omniORB] configuration file problem

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Feb 8 11:12:25 GMT 2006

On Thursday 2 February, "Herlo Klaudia" wrote:

> I' ve compiled, link and upload the eg1 example  (omniORB 4.0.6)
> to the board.
> Running the application always the errors : "ORB_init failed: unknown
> option ( ) in configuration file..." is created. Every option in the
> configuration file creates this error message. i.e
> traceLevel = 1
> traceExceptions = 0
> traceInvocations = 0
> Why?

Perhaps the static initialisers that set up the configuration parameters
are not running. What is the result if you don't have a config file at
all?  What if you run with command line arguments -ORBtraceLevel 25?

The other possibility is that the file isn't being read properly. To
diagnose that you'll have to add some debugging output to the file
parsing code in src/lib/omniORB/orbcore/orbOptionsFile.cc.