[omniORB] marshaling/unmarshaling doubles on little endian xscale

Jeffrey Coffman jcoffman98 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 17:47:58 GMT 2006

Hello,

I've come accross a problem on my xscale(little
endian) port of omniOrb 4.0.6.  I've noticed
double(and floats) not marshalling properly.  After
some digging it appears the double precision values
are word swapped.  This appearantly has somthing todo
with FPA float format.  The result is doubles are not
marshalled correctly between the xscale and other
platforms.

Is there a way to tell omniOrb to check the platforms
float format?  I couldnt find any option for this in
the platform specific files.

For the time being I have added word swaping to some
of the methods in cdrstream.h which handle
marshalling/unmarshalling doubles.  This worked for
doubles in general, but I am having trouble following
the code for sequences of doubles. Can someone point
to where the unmarshaling and marshaling of sequences
of doubles takes place?  I'm assuming in
seqTemplateDefns.h, but I'm getting lost from there.

Has anyone had this problem with xscale or strong arm
before?

Thanks,

Jeff